Re: Can it work?

Original poster: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 10/3/03 8:45:33 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>When I saw this pizza pan, I started pondering if this might
>pass as an el-cheapo, half-way-decent toroid.
>
>http://members.cox-dot-net/cajuncoiler/cheaptoroid.jpg
>
>It's 13 inches wide, made from 18 gauge aluminum, and the
>edges are rolled about an inch.  I figure it to be about
>10.3pF or so.  When looking at the picture, you need to
>imagine it without the pizza on it.
>---
>Christopher 'CajunCoiler' Mayeux

Christopher,

A pizza pan by itself will not make a decent toroid.  I have used two pizza
pans back to back as the center for a toroid.  With the main toroid
material being aluminum dryer duct.

Ed Sonderman