RE: Spark gap data you sent

Original poster: Jim Lux <jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Don't count on air to move the ions..I doubt you could move the air fast
enough to make it work..

Put the trigger electrode in the main gap. Auto ignition coil would make a
fine (cheap and robust) pulse transformer, and there's a ton of circuitry
around to drive them (i.e. any old electronic ignition will do, and is
fired off a low voltage signal, to boot).. There's more than just the coil
that's useful out of a GM HEI...