Re: Mini coil earth?

Original poster: dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com

No problem.  I run my minicoil using both a 4kV/32mA and a 6kV/30mA NST
using only the house ground (3 prong of plug) for my RF ground with no
problems.
Gary Laus also does this using his 4kV/32mA minicoil.  Any coil under
200-300 watts should be fine using house ground as your RF ground. Above
that, and you should start
looking at a dedicated ground.

Also, I don't use any type of filtering or surge filters.  In fact, I run my
minicoil at work for deskside demonstrations probably every few days when
new people visit or customers
come in etc.  And the outlet I use is connected to both my PC and UNIX work
computers.  No problems whatsoever, at least not yet!

The Captain