RE: first coil

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

Regular 12 AWG wire will work fine for this.  I use 14 AWG high voltage
wire on my 15kV/60mA and get great results.
People will claim you need super large wire in your primary tank
circuit, but for a 15kV/60mA you can easily get by with
12-14 AWG no problems.  Regular electrical wire is fine as long as you
keep it isolated from ground etc...  No need for expensive high voltage
wire.

10meg 1/4W resistors are fine if you have more than 10 resistors in
series in your MMC.  Thats what most use anyways.
Continuously, 10 resistors in series at 21000kV (peak voltage of 15kVAC)
would be about 0.44W per resistor, but the 21000kV is not continous so
power dissipation will be much less.

Dan