Re: Tungsten static gap

Original poster: G <bog-at-cinci.rr-dot-com>

Cutting the rods actually isn't very difficult.

Chuck the rod in a drill that has been affixed to a table or bench, and use
the Dremel with the common metal cut-off wheel. Set the drill on and press
the cut-off wheel to the rod at the appropriate spot until a slot is cut
all the way around. the rod can easily be snapped off now by placing it in
a vise with the slot level with the top of the jaws and hitting the rod
with a soft-faced hammer. Now just touch up the end with a right-angle
grinder if need be.

Mine came out so nice, they could have been used 'as-is', but I did use the
drill to spin the small sections so I could grind a round tip.

Regards,
Gregory

--
"Without ZIM, I am lost."