Re: using ignition coils for marx supply

Wrong.  If it's a 30 kV average output coil you need 2.8 x Erms rating, so
you will need 84 pcs in series as an absolute min.  Jim's flyback idea is
much better.

We use the old TV type, very large, with a tripler circuit (epoxy sealed and
cheap) and includes the HV diodes all in one package to provide a steady 30
kV DC charging potential at 1 mA.

We also have larger flybacks that will provide up to 10 mA at 30 kV for cap
charging duty cycles.  I sell them for $25/pc.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corporation
E11870 Shadylane Rd.
Baraboo   WI   53913