Re: Plasma Tweeter

Original poster: dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com

There is actually a primary in that circuit you are speaking of.  The
circuit is a simple pi-network where the secondary is connected directly to
the primary circuit.
This same type of operation can be used with a conventional spark gap coil
as well.  From my very recent experience with this direct-coupling method as
well
as comments i received from others, almost identical performance can be had
using this topology as opposed to a magnetically coupled secondary / primary
system.
The output of this pi-network is basically the InputVoltage * SQRT of the
ratio of the primary and secondary capacitances

Dan