prime time ready tesla coil?

Original poster: "Laurence Davis" <meknar-at-hotmail-dot-com>

a consumer version of a tesla coil seems to have
several obstacles to make it non rf offensive.
most people dont have a separate ground to tie into
for tesla use.  I'm not even touching the ozone potential, yet.

For a suitable ground, could you tie the earth ground on a terry filter
to a large C, large R to house ground ?  My thinking would be the large C,
large R
would safely drain the filtered frequency from the coil to house ground.
A safety gap ground is quite another story. perhaps skipping a safety gap?
or a rotary gap instead? (does this not keep the voltage more stable?)

then preventing the transmission of 100-200khz signal could be prevented with a
faraday cage of window screen.  possibly enclosed with plexiglass to
prevent ozone in the
environment.  wonder how long the plexi would hold up in a high ozone
environment?

I know you are not supposed to connect the rf ground to house ground for
obvious reasons.
I had heard there is a large tesla coil in fryes electronic store in
california somewhere.
it is enclosed and it runs while the store is open.  Perhaps they have a
earth ground
run to it.  But that coil must be shielded well enough for the store to
trust running
it with 10's of thousands of dollars of electronics near by and perhaps
even on the same
circuit as it.

does the large rc protection scheme mixed with a terry filter sound acceptable?
perhaps a spice sim would help.  what is an allowable ground differential?
no less than
a few volts i would guess.

larry.

_