PlasmaSonic II tweaking

Original poster: humanb-at-chaoticuniverse-dot-com

Hi, I have now fully completed my PlasmaSonic II board
and am starting to put it to task. The audio modulation
is good quality, equal (if not better, esp. fr
response) then what I could get out of modulating a
tube grid. Only thing is, I am trying to get this thing
to process more power (and get louder!). Currently I am
only getting 2-3" max spark while only pulling ~2 amps
at 120V AC into full bridge/filter cap. I have 15 turns
of #10 on a 6" PVC form and am using a 4" coil with a
self fr of 345 KHz, is the coupling tight enough? And
boy is this thing sensitive to anything in the
proximity of the secondary coil, moving my hand near it
will shift the frequency down enough to almost
extinguish the spark. I am thinking I still need to do
some tweaking to get better volume response, any
suggestions?  Definitely using the wire loop for the
"plasma speaker" works best, but watch that ozone!

Regards,

David Trimmell