Re: HV Cables, Current...

Original poster: dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com

Absolutely.  In fact, I use #14 AWG stranded wire for all the wiring in my
15kV/60mA NST powered tesla coil with no problems whatsoever.
Even on the tank circuit, for NST powered circuits you can get away with
relatively small wire (12-14 AWG).  A lot of people will claim you need
the thickest wire possible (i.e. 4 to 8 AWG) on the tank circuit for NST
powered tesla coils, but in my experiences you really don't need it.  Just
keep
the connections short as possible and you'll be alright.

Dan