Re: New "MOT" power supplies??

Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: John <fireba8104-at-yahoo-dot-com>
 >
 > Hello ,
 > About a year ago I was reading something about getting rid of the MOT at
 > Panasonic's homepage. I didn't think that it would happen this quickly.
 >
 > Tesla list <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> wrote:
 > Original poster: BunnyKiller
 >
 > hey all...
 >
 > I had the opportunity to take apart a "new" microwave at work and
 > discovered that it has no MOT in a real sence but a (( i guess its a PWM
 > supply)) solidstate power supply... no transformer...
 >
 > just wondering if anyone has done any T-Coiling with any of these new style
 > power supplies...
 >
 > the one I took apart was fried beyond repair so I didnt get a chance to
 > play with it..
 >
 > Scot D

	I can't imagine those things being useful for TC work, at least not for
primary capacitor charging.  Maybe the rectified output would be OK for
a DC coil.  I suspect also that the line isolation isn't good enough to
allow stacking those things in series.

Ed