Re: Marx on "Myth Busters"

Original poster: dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com

Don't forget the most important of lessons.
Just because a system is "unplugged" doesn't mean there is no residual
charge on it.  Use a grounding stick
and ground all "hot" points within your coil or other high voltage device to
make sure.
I *always* keep a ground lead clipped to my primary coil when tuning.  Its
all so simple to get a good whack!

Dan

A great lesson in safety here --- always unplug the unit from the wall when
making adjustments --- never trust your life to a switch or relay that might
suddenly energize if someone bumps the control panel.  Unplugged from the
wall it can't hurt anyone.

Chris was very lucky.  Many times larger coils go for the eyes due to the
large water content exposed to the open air surface.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corporation
E11870 Shadylane Rd.
Baraboo   WI   53913