Re: An SSTC simulation

Original poster: Kchdlh-at-aol-dot-com

Hmmm...I don't know if the switching-times would relate to whether or not
self-tuning is incorporated.  I do note this in the simulation:

1.  The time between when "transistor" (S1 or S2) current starts to rise
and its voltage reaches minimum is ~300 us.

2.  The current starts to rise at a voltage level of 135 V across the
"transistor".

3.  The voltage reaches minimum (about 10 V) at a current of ~130 A (for
all the 'transistors" in parallel--however many).

Clearly the 300 us should be improved in real hardware, as should be the
turn-off, which is substantially worse--about 1.1 us.

Ken

n a message dated 11/9/03 6:51:29 AM Pacific Standard Time,