Re: HV Cables

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

At 07:41 AM 09/11/03 -0700, you wrote:

 >Original poster: "Ian McLean" <ianmm-at-optusnet-dot-com.au>
 >
 >Hi all,
 >
 >I am wondering what is the general consensus out there amongst coilers as to
 >what makes the best cable for HV.

<SNIP>

Hi Ian, Coilers,

I'm using teflon insulated, 16 gauge, hookup wire pulled thru some medical
oxygen plastic tubing I scrounged at the local hospital.  If you make some
friends of nurses or paramedics, you'll get all you want as it's only used
once then tossed out.  It works fine on my 14.4 kv PDT.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Details of my "Hyperbaric Gap" and Tesla coil are at:
http://www.hurontel.on.ca/~weazle