RE: GE caps

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

I have to disagree with that assessment.  I have been using these GE
type capacitors from the beginning
with zero problems running systems up to about 4kW on a single string of
these.  The only time i ever smoked one
was while running when the coil is severely out of tune.  I would
suspect other people have had the same thing.  But, i've run these for
hours (intermittently of course - say one minute on time, five minutes
off) on end (for a few demonstrations i've done in the past year) with
no problems.

Dan