Re: Paper pulse capacitors

Original poster: Jim Lux <jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>

In paper dielectric capacitors, the paper is a spacer. The dielectric is
usually something like oil or an askarel (PCB) that impregnates the
paper.  Interesting connectors on that cap. I assume that it's 0.25 uF -at-
6.3 kV, if I'm reading the Cyrillic letters right.  I'd really wonder if
they're pulse caps though, and not something like a PFC correction cap. Odd
packaging for something made in the 90's, but then, the Soviets had all
sorts of weird things they did.. maybe the capacitor factory was working to
a quota on the weight of their output in tonnes, like the truck
factories.  Maybe the seller has some more information.  Maybe, since
you're physically much closer, you could do a deal to get one cheaply and
check it (It probably doesn't cost $16 to send something from Vilnius to
Finland)