RE: True Toroid Capacitance

Hi John,

At 11:05 AM 11/7/2003, you wrote:

>Bart -
>
>Your JAVATC10 program is living proof that TC programs can be made to work
>in spite of the fact that engineering texts say that Tesla coil design is
>only empirical. The same is true for the E-Tesla6 program. If I had entered
>the inputs correctly I would have obtained a much closer resonant frequency
>to the actual test frequency instead of what I found.
>
>  I checked your inputs shown below with my inputs and found that I had used
>an input for the disk which gave a total secondary capacity that was too
>high and resonant frequency too low. I agree that this disk should have been
>left out of the inputs because it obviously does not affect the resonant
>frequency according to the actual test results. I do have an old version
>V6.11C of the program that I will replace with the V6.13C.

"I" forgot that there was a "new version" too ;-))  Bart re-wrote this
latest version using Paul's latest data, so I only spent a few seconds
posting it at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/Programs/E-Tesla6.zip

I don't think I even have a C compiler on-line anywhere right now :0D

>I believe you, Terry, and Paul have done a great job in putting together
>some very complex TC programs. I am happy that the JAVATC and E-Tesla
>programs are working so well together. Thank you for sending me the E-Tesla
>inputs to check and correct my inputs.

I should mention that although I spent zillions of hours writing the
"original" E-Tesla and making it "work", the program an it's techniques
have far gotten out of "my" hands as others have improved it!!!!  I barely
recognize it now ;-)))  Bart and Paul have truly taken it all to a vast new
level!!!

Cheers,

         Terry