Re: do i need more caps for my pt coil?

It's always a good idea to measure the capacitance of each MMC and use those
that match the best in a series string.

At 14.4 kV x 2.5 = 36 kV    36 kV / 2 kV/cap = 18 caps per string for good
safety factor.

At 11 things like this can happen.  You can't push the caps too hard by
using too few if you are running async.  With synchro it might work, but
async without the proper 2.5 multiplier safety factor is walking a
tightrope.  Might last for awhile but eventually fail.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corporation
E11870 Shadylane Rd.
Baraboo   WI   53913