Re: pseudo-HV movie prop auctions

Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>

Hi All,

I already do!, at least on stage.  Here are some of the pics from a recent
Frankenstien production I did.  I had to cut my 6" coil due to interferance
with the lighting system.  The busybox was for the actors to play with with
no power on it.  It started to be struck before I got the picture, so the
hookup wire is gone and leyden jar tops are gone.  The Jacob's ladder stands
7' tall and is run with a 15/60 NST.  Thank you Dr. Resonance, for the empty
pig can and the bushings.  A unique picture of the arc zig-zaging as it
climbs, in the fourth pic.

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/busybox.JPG
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/jl1.JPG
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/jl2.JPG
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/jl4.JPG

David E Weiss

 > Original poster: Ian Macky <ian.macky-at-oracle-dot-com>
 >
 > thought y'all might be interested in these psuedo-HV movie props, some
very
 > well known, all kinda familiar looking.  think 1931 frankenstein lab...
 >
 > Nebularium used in Frankenstein (1931)

<http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay-dot-com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=28221&i
tem=2200593239>

 > Lightening Screen from Dracula v Frankenstein

<http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay-dot-com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=28221&i
tem=2200593245>

 > Variable Traveling Arc for Young Frankenstein

<http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay-dot-com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=28221&i
tem=2200593242>

 > Small Traveling Arc from Strickfaden Show

<http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay-dot-com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=28221&i
tem=2200593251>

 > Firelscope Flasher for Dracula v Frankenstein

<http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay-dot-com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=28221&i
tem=2200593252>

 > Dr. Aurandt's Death Ray from Strickfaden Show

<http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay-dot-com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=28221&i
tem=2200593253>

 > Hanging Traveling Arc Dracula v Frankenstein

<http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay-dot-com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=28221&i
tem=2200593248>

 > Domeblatt Glass from Strickfaden Collection

<http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay-dot-com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=28221&i
tem=2200593263>

 > Trancender Prop from Strickfaden Collection

<http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay-dot-com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=28221&i
tem=2200593262>

 > Transformer Used by Kenneth Strickfaden

<http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay-dot-com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=28221&i