Transformer Questions???

Original poster: Timefreak-at-aol-dot-com

I have just gained an interest in tesla coils and have acquired a set of
plans to walk me through construction of a tesla coil.  The plans call for
(4) 4000v, 30ma current ltd open core coil transformers wired together to
obtain an 8000v output.  I have two high output transformers
currently.  One says gaseous tube transformer outdoor non weather proof
normal power factor, primary 120v, secondary 9,000, 60hz, 270V.A., 30ma,
Secondary Mid Point Grounded;  and the second says neon transformer,
primary 120v, secondary 12,000v, 360V.A., 3.30A., 30ma, Secondary Mid Point
Grounded to case.  Can either of the later be used to replace the four
transformers wired together?  It seems to me it would save alot of trouble?

Thanks in advanced!

Keith A. Ruch (Timefreak)