Re: Zener Diode for air core binary primary

G.E. build a 1 million volt resonance transformer operating at 180 cy/sec.
The secondary was wound in a series of flat pie rings and stacked at
intervals.  It operated in compressed N2/CO2 blend.  Used to generate hard
x-rays for medical use.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corporation
E11870 Shadylane Rd.
Baraboo   WI   53913

> [...]
 > mechanism for instantly converting and making a
 > polarity change, the magnetic fields from the
 > primaries will be moving much faster through space to
 > get to the opposite polarity than what they ordinarily
 > move at when functioning at the source frequency of
 > 480 hz. Faster magnetic field movement through space
 > should translate to better effects on the air core
 > secondaries themselves.
 >
 > The mechanism for changing the series resonances into
 > a parallel functioning one is fairly simple. For the
 > series resonances each one is constructed inversely to
 > the other one, they are inversely phased series
 > resonances. What this means is that whenever one coil
 > is making a positive voltage rise, the other coil is
 > making a negative one, thus between the two opposite
 > series resonances, twice the voltage rise is
 > registered relative to each other, than what occurs on
 > just a single side. The moment we short those voltage
 > rises, this changes the entire circuit into a single
 > figure 8 tank circuit of maximum impedance. Thus as
 > one can imagine I want a selective technique whereby I
 > can apply that short in the proper timing, so that the
 > short only appears when the fullest voltage rise has
 > occured.
 >
 >  >From that thinking I decided to use just an ordinary
 > diode on the midpoint short path between the inversely
 > phased series resonances. This means that the circuit
 > appears series resonant for 1/2 cycle, and then
 > parallel resonant for the second half of the cycle. A
 > scoping of the coils in that regimen showed that
 > practically no voltage rise occurs in that scenario,
 > thus it then seems sensible to conclude it may take
 > quite a few cycles for the coils to reach their
 > fullest voltage rise.
 >
 > So having tried to explain the primaries construction,
 > and why I use two of them to give this resonance
 > switching option: my question becomes fairly simple,
 > why couldnt I use a diode that only turns on after a
 > specific voltage is reached, and I understand that a
 > zener diode does exactly that function.
 >
 > Can I use a zener diode exactly like an ordinary diode
 > works, or do they work differently schematically? Some
 > information I read about them implies that they do
 > work somewhat differently then an ordinary diode, but
 > I may have misinterpreted things. Couldnt I merely
 > place a zener diode on the midpoint path, and when the
 > break down voltage for the zener  between the
 > resonances occurs it would allow for conduction? If
 > this were so, I could turn the scopes sweep rate down
 > to a low value so that many cycles occur in a single
 > sweep: thereby making a nice experiment to ascertain
 > how many cycles a source frequency resonant circuit
 > takes to reach its highest voltage point, for these
 > particular inductors.
 >
 > Sincererly HDN
 >
 > =====
 > Tesla Research Group; Pioneering the Applications of Interphasal
Resonances