RE: Grounding Question

Original poster: "John H. Couture" <couturejh-at-mgte-dot-com>

Adam -

There are still some changes you should make.

Coil 13 -

The transformer enclosure will have a ground lug that should be connected to
ground. Some transformers will have a separate terminal for the shield
between the windings as you show but this is not considered the enclosure
ground point.

There should be a short connection between point 10 and 11 and RF ground.
Keep in mind that this is part of the secondary circuit and connects two
plates of a capacitor together, topload and ground and should be as short as
possible.

Coil 14 -

Again the transformer enclosure will have a ground lug that should be
connected to ground. If there is no enclosure the frame should be grounded.

Coil 15 -

This is definitely a NEC violation because the transformer  enclosure or
frame is not connected to the electric service ground. A separate ground
wire from the transformer to the service ground is mandatory. Use the Coil
14 diagram plus the enclosure ground.

Note that the above is not for NST's or other transformers that have the
secondary winding grounded at the center.

John Couture