Re: Magnifier without magnetic coupling ? ? ? Simple pi-network

You can try this experiment with any classic operating TC.

Just remove your sec and elevate it on an insulative form.  Attach a small
sphere to the base of the now distant secondary coil (to reduce corona) and
then connect the base over to your normal pri circuit using a large
alligator clip.  Keep the power at 30% and move the tap all around until you
find a good resonant point.  Sometimes this point is between the two power
feeds and sometimes it is outside your normal primary tuning tap.

It works good with almost any coil and allows you to enclose the primary in
a protective enclosure and run the elevated sec coil at a distance.  You
just have to experiment a bit to find the correct tuning parameters.
Sometimes even the pri tap has to be retuned as well.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corporation
E11870 Shadylane Rd.
Baraboo   WI   53913