Re: Spheres vs Toroids (was - Source for Aluminum Spheres (up to12" threaded)

Original poster: "Malcolm Watts" <m.j.watts-at-massey.ac.nz>

Hi all,
         To me, the best thing about a toroidal terminal shape is that
one can choose a ROC and capacitance independently. Long sparks =>
loads of available charge as well as voltage to induce ionization
some distance away so the two meet in the middle.

Malcolm