Re: Rfi from flybacks

Original poster: Karl L <karl-at-coolbluesky-dot-com>

Hi Anthony,

Your RFI problem may not be caused by RF backfeeding through the AC
wiring, but rather RF radiating through the air and disrupting your
neighbors AM.  Are you using the flyback output to make sparks?  Also,
any length of wire attached to the flyback output will radiate quite a
lot of RF hash.  My flyback setup will trigger a lightning detector from
many feet away, even without generating sparks through a gap.

Regards,

Karl