RE: MOT-powered coil questions

Original poster: "Stephen Conner by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <steve-at-scopeboy-dot-com>

At 11:58 30/05/03 -0600, you wrote:
>Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz
><teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>
>

>These are low power coils.  I'm not debating the fact that low voltage, high
>current designs would be difficult
>indeed to design and build a suitable spark gap.

Check out this spark gap design from an old diathermy machine. Gives
satisfactory quenching off a single MOT. Five pairs of 3/4" tungsten rods
with 0.001" gaps and integral heatsinks. Easy to bodge together in your
basement, NOT!

http://www.electrotherapymuseum-dot-com/Pancake1/index.htm

Steve C.