RE: MOT-powered coil questions

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

These are low power coils.  I'm not debating the fact that low voltage, high
current designs would be difficult
indeed to design and build a suitable spark gap.  The original poster stated
that 4kV was too low of a voltage period to
get reliable operation in a tesla coil and that it was marginally borderline
at best.  The fact is 4kV is more than enough voltage for a conventional
coil to work.  Obviously, to get a conventional coil to work at high current
levels, a lot more thought and effort needs to go into the design of the
spark gap.

The Captain