RE: Cap size for arsg?

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

When you say PT, I assume you mean potential transformer.  And when you say
potential transformer, I assume you are speaking of the standard 14.4kV,
1.5kVA GE PTs most of us have been using.  Anyways, if you are using a ARSG
and running at about 3kW (short durations), i found a 0.01uF to 0.027uF
capacitor to work extremely well.  Terry Blake used a 0.01uF i believe with
his PT at the same power levels.

Typically with ARSG, you want a capacitor which is smaller than resonant
size.

Here is my website with my PT coil.

http://www.spacecatlighting-dot-com/teslacoil7.htm

The Captain