Re: Swordlike RF Envelope (Oscilloscope)

Original poster: "Steven Ward by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

There is still a difference.  The difference is not the appearance, but
where the sparks tend to stay.  When i was running my VTTC recently, the
24" sparks (without a target to spark to), stayed in the exact same
place!  The SSTC in that pictures is very straight looking, but also notice
how they waver around quite a bit.  I would guess those sparks are about
16" or so, and they move around several inches when you compare where they
end (the tips of the sparks).  With my tube coil, the sparks were 24" and
the ends were in nearly the exact same spot everytime (much more stable
than the pictures in my website show!).  But i guess Stephen is right, they
are very similar.

Steve Ward.

http://join.msn-dot-com/?page=features/featuredemail