Re: New Neon Transformers

Original poster: "Stephen Conner by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <steve-at-scopeboy-dot-com>

At 05:54 23/05/03 -0600, you wrote:
>Original poster: "Mike Harrison by way of Terry Fritz
><teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mike-at-whitewing.co.uk>
>
>On Thu, 22 May 2003 21:36:31 -0600, you wrote:
>
> >Original poster: "Dr. Resonance by way of Terry Fritz
> <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <resonance-at-jvlnet-dot-com>
> >

> >Good idea.  I don't see why not.
>I'm not sure this is a good idea - it could be that the insulation between
>the CT and the core may
>not be very strong, and the inductance of the differing earth paths could
>allow high voltage
>transients to appear between the 2 ground connections.

I think this is a totally valid concern. It's probably wiser to connect the
secondary CT, the transformer core, the safety gap centre electrode, and
the ground of any 'Terry filter' type device you might be using, all to
mains ground.

Steve C.