Re: Circular Marx generator with rotary gap?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

I'm not sure that will work or if its even necessary.  On a typical marx
generator, once the main gap is triggered, the rest of the gaps fire almost
instantaneously.  The rotary gap you
propose will not really provide any additional benefits.

However, the circular scheme you propose is typically used.  However, each
stage is basically a circular level with caps on the outside (caps
paralleled per stage) and a spark gap for that stage
in the center.  Then the entire cylindrical marx generator assembly is
usually placed inside a shielded (metallic tube) which basically acts as the
outer conductor of a tranmission line.

The Captain

 > Hey all,
 >
 > i haven't posted in a while to the list. I have been busy on HV subjects
 > though and I'm also developing (in my head ;), though I have made a
working
 > Tesla Coil, I'll post pictures sometime) some ideas concerning tesla coils
 > and marx generators. There's one I would already like to share with you,
as
 > you all probably are way more able to test it than I am (student ;) ).
This