RE: Top load smoothness matters

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

Gary,

Yes, this is true.  This is the reason your mini-coil put out very nice
continuous streamers.  (See Terry Blakes DVD)
I used originally a John Freau toroid for my minicoil and the result was
many simultaneous shorter streamers as you mentioned with most streamers
eminating from the seam in the toroid.  However, when I switched to a
homemade shipping crate shock mount (identical to your toroid) and covered
it with aluminum foil making it at smooth as possible, i started getting
those long,
self-sustaining continous streamers that you were getting with yours.

The Captain