TCBA

Original poster: "John Richardson by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jprich-at-up-dot-net>

List,

I recently ordered a complete set of TCBA News, and wanted to report to any
list members that it is worth it.  It will run you about 400 bucks, and
initially I was leery about spending such a large amount of cash on
information, especially when so much is available via the
internet.  However, the sheer volume of old plans, new ideas, and comments
and articles by avid coilers is unbelievable.  It's also rather neat to see
the advancements that coiling has taken from the first issue in 1982 to the
final issue in 2001, although I was surprised to see no mention of the MMC
trend in the issues from 1998 to 2001.  It is possible that I overlooked
any references due the fact that I have basically been thumbing thru the
issues as opposed to reading them from cover to cover.

Another recommendation is Twenty First Century Books.  Gary's service and
demeanor have been second to none, and I will be placing more orders from
him in the future.  I have had the pleasure of talking to both Harry and
Gary several times on the phone, and they both have been extremely helpful
and informative.  I hope to meet each one in the future.

In closing, I just want to say to anyone who has been toying with
purchasing a TCBA collection, but has balked because of financial
repercussions, swallow the bill and place an order.  I don't know how many
more sets are available, but when they're gone, that's it.  It's worth the
cash.

John Richardson