coil surroundings

Original poster: "Rodney Goolsby by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jeronimo-at-bright-dot-net>

I'm trying to figure out all my coil's problems, and I'm wondering if the
reason it won't work right could be because of objects near it. First,
about 4 to 5 feet away is my dads HUGE cast iron grill ( 2 foot diameter
oil pipe, fire and smoke box, it's big).  Second, about 15 feet away, is a
500 gallon propane tank.  Third, 10 feet away is an above ground
pool.  Forth, next to the grill is a wood shed, not sure of any dimensions,
about 8*5*8 feet.  This is not the best place to run my coil, it's just my
dad and lack of 50' of ground wire and a really long power cord.  I tried
my coil again today with a 12/60 NST bank and it did NO better than the
single 12/30 I used a few days ago.