Re: Parametric pumping for tesla coils?

Original poster: "Mike by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <megavolts61-at-yahoo-dot-com>

If I may be so bold, I have been thinking that instead
of using switching devices to vary currents and
voltages as we presently do, how about
changing say, the capacitance instead -charging at low
voltage and discharging at high since charge ,Q,  on
an isolated capacitor doesn't change with a change
in capacitance but stored energy and voltage do vary
with changes in the capacitance.
<snip>

Would this not detune your coil thereby losing the
resonance(or maybe this would improve quenching)?
Tesla studied the effect of charging a cap of two to
four times the tank cap's size and letting the spark
gap switch the energy into the tank circuit.  I don't
know what effect that has on the output, because the
tank circuit would never be quenched, but since he was
trying to develop a transmitter, this might lower the
output to suppress the arcs and have a longer ringdown
time for the output waveform - making it more like a
continuous wave output.
Mike