Free stuff

Hi All,

I tore down an old working HV power supply that was to scary to use.  It
was from a time when safety was not a concern...  Since I just got the
modern 0.1% CE marked equivalent off Ebay, it was time to remove this
monster from service for the good of humanity.

The following parts from it are free to a good home.

First is a 10kV AC volt 4.5 inch wide meter:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/P5100050.jpg

It could use cleaning and some TLC but it works fine and the white dial is
fine.  Case could use some buffing up.  It has a pot that I think
calibrated it and a high voltage divider array that looks like it was made
in less than a modern factory ;-)  It has metal E-shields on the back too.

Next is just a high voltage panel mount terminal:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/P5100051.jpg

It is 3/4 dia. at the ceramic.

This is just a 2.60mH choke:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/P5100052.jpg

Pretty fine wire so not too much current but it can probably do some rather
high voltage.

This is kind of cute.  It is a little 1 amp 0-130 VAC variac.  3/8 panel
hole and 1/4 inch shaft.  The winding above 120VAC is pretty burned but the
rest is fine.  I would just glue a stop onto it and use it from 0-120.

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/P5100053.jpg

I would not plan on using it for anything above 1 amp.  The wire is pretty
thin.

This is a 10kV 20mA current limited open frame 120VAC transformer.

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/P5100055.jpg

Seems to work fine.  The wires seem kind of fragilly attached so I am
carful with it especially the low side of the HV winding.  The shunt may
have slipped some out of position.  Not sure.  The way it was mounted it
may have warmed up and the tiny glue holding it may have started to soften
and slip out (I guess that was a "feature" ;-))  You would probably want to
glue it in for sure.

A John Fluke Manufacturing Company  Model 409A high voltage DC power
supply.  Serial number 194

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/P5100056.jpg

Works perfectly fine and is still probably just as accurate as the day it
was made.  The voltage reads about 0.6% high.  It has 17 voltages from 170
to 1530 VDC.  0 - 3mA.  It has either positive or negative output.

It looks like John made it himself in his garage inside, but not much can
go wrong and it would be easy to fix. It has like 20 tubes in it all the same:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/P5100057.jpg

It does have a loud AC hum to it.  I don't think it is anything bad.  It
also has HV-BNC connectors on it (front and back).  I think the mate is
like $30.  But "I" would just replace the rear connector with a standard
BNC...  Replacing the connectors is trivial and the rear one is dented.

It's all free!!   But I may want a little cash to help with the shipping
just on the 10 pound transformer and the power supply.  I can cover postage
on the rest ;-)

If you want anything, write to me at:

terrellf-at-qwest-dot-net

First come first serve.  Send your address and zip for the heavy stuff and
we'll figure the shipping out.  No guarantees but it was all working.  It
just goes to the dump if no one wants it...  May take me a few days to pack
stuff up and send it too but I try to be quick.

Cheers,

	Terry