TC Grid Dip Oscillator?

Original poster: "Matthew Smith by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <matt-at-kbc-dot-net.au>

Hi

I remember a discussion earlier this year which I don't seem to be able to
track down in the archives.

There was some talk of using something like a grid dip oscillator for TC
tuning - it seemed that the variable capacitors involved were becoming very
scarce.

I have how acquired two very nice (to look at) variable caps, date stamped
1977 and aparently unused.  They are single gang, but the shafts come out
either end so it wouldn't be any great trouble to couple them together.  My
Wavetek DMM tells me that they are about 200pF each and the spacing of the
platess makes them look like they'd take a respectable voltage.  (About
1.8mm, although it's hard to get an accurate measurement as the plates flex
when the caliper touches them; shades of Heisenberg ;-)

So, what's the circuit that I should put these into?  My copy of Eagle is
open and ready to go...

Cheers

--
Matthew Smith