Re: 400kV Marx Generator Pictures

Original poster: "Crow Leader by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <tesla-at-lists.symmetric-dot-net>

>Original poster: "Terry Fritz" <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>
>Firstly, thanks all for your great help.  I'm just about finished my 400kV
>Marx Generator and once I build my charging supply, will be able to run it.
>The device is a bit crude (non-triggered primary gap, lossy - corona prone
>connections), but will serve as a first step in developing working knowledge
>of these
>things as my primary purpose will be to design and build one capable of
>producing a extremely short duration (<1ns) pulses at maybe a million volts

hmm. not sure if you will get less than 1ns discharges with those caps. It
migth be possible with some small mica caps.
Does anybody have info on the slew rate you can get with some of these
caps? I know the manufacturer tends to specify "safe" ratings in dv/dt
usually in kV/uS, still not near anything near 1nS, even with some sort of
pulse forming network
KEN