Re: Herrick's Pizza-pan Primary; was A triggered-s.g....etc.

Original poster: "K. C. Herrick by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <kchdlh-at-juno-dot-com>

Ref. my schematic http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/tspk13s3.pdf  and assembly
drawing
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/tspk13a.pdf :

For anyone at all interested in this notion... I find, from further
simulation, that I've been too clever by half:  A plain old sine-wave
mains input does even better than the switched one.  I now get peak 130
KHz Fr current of 12 KA in the 1st half-cycle, with RMS mains current of
about 20 A at the 120/s simulated spark rate.  That's with transformers
having 15 mH coils put into the simulation instead of the prior
inductors, per the -s3.pdf drawing.  The voltage on the capacitors climbs
to almost 400 V, each section, at gap-firing time.  So 400 x 6 = 2400 V
applied to the 1 turn, not counting gap-loss, from an effective
capacitance of 40/6 = 6.7 uF.  A goodly zap...

I should think with 11 KA or so one could forget about using IGBTs.

Ken Herrick