Re: Surface Arcing Photo

Original poster: "Mike by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <megavolts61-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Desktop background of the week... Sandia's ZMachine
Fusion Research
Facility.

Wow!  nice pic.  It sure wasn't what I'd have expected
to see from what I read about the Z Machine. From what
I read, they explode tungsten wires(much like many
from the list can do) to create a shock wave 'wall' of
plasma to crush the tritium/deuterium fuel pellets to
initiate a fusion reaction.  Perhaps this picture is
taken right when the device is fired and before the
'wall' develops.
Mike