Re: Power feed wire

Original poster: "Christopher Boden by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>

240VAC is fine, it's the Amperage you have to worry about :)

Almost everything is rated for 300V (or 600V) because at 300V you can get a
spark without the wires touching (they have to be FREAKY close, but don't
have to actually touch) because 300V is the magic number where air breaks down.

In all practicality, you could likely use the same cable at 1000V and not
have any problems, but I wouldn't go grabbing it at that voltage ;)

I'll bet that if you cut the ends off and strip the wires back when you
read the insulation each wire is rated for at least 300V. Watch your
amperage (if the cord is getting warm, you're pushing it too hard), and run
240 all you like.

Christopher "Duck" Boden Geek#1
President / C.E.O. / Alpha Geek
The Geek Group