New coiler questions

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Pomnept-at-aol-dot-com>

        Does anybody know of a good means of raising the secondary coil up and
down?  Would I use a brass screw or a plastic one?  The secondary would be
mounted on a plexiglass base.  I guess this is an engineering question.
        Also, can anybody recommend the site of a good NST protection circuit
using readily available parts?  Your help is very much appreciated.
        Thanks,
        Robert