Re: Capacitor checker

Original poster: "marc metlicka by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mystuffs-at-orwell-dot-net>

Hi John,
  If you keep a search going for an "electro scientific industries"
Impedance bridge #250DE, These sometimes go relatively cheap on ebay. I
bought one and am VERY pleased with it's inductance/capacitance and
resistance accurate readings! Among the features it has is the ability
to use external inputs for those large core inductors, It has an
internal 1khz generator and an internal dc with both external ac and dc
inputs.
  It is very simple to use with a little practice and i can copy you the
manual if you find one, I wouldn't give mine up for love nor money.
  Maybe a quick search would turn up a picture with some specs to give
you an idea of what it looks like?
  Of coarse this is one mans opinion and there may be better models out
there, but I like this one and have made many measurements for the tssp
project with it.
  take care,
Marc M.

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "John Richardson by way of Terry Fritz
<teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jprich-at-up-dot-net>