Magnifier conversion

Hi All,

Tonight I set up a side by side model comparison of my conventional coil
and it's magnifier conversion:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/NewMag/0502-01.gif

The primaries are driven by a 10Vp-p saw tooth wave from a low-Z
amplifier.  The top voltage is picked off with a 3pF 220k ohm probe setup.

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/NewMag/0502-02.gif

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/NewMag/0502-03.gif

I then set up the real coils and took the real measurements:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/NewMag/0502-04.jpg

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/NewMag/0502-05.gif

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/NewMag/0502-06.jpg

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/temp/NewMag/0502-07.gif

So it looks like things are working just as expected and the models and
real coils are matching up very well.  It appears that the RMS power
between the two coils is almost identical (no quenching case).  The
magnifier does easily reach higher voltages however.

Nothing too dramatic but these are pretty carefully done tests and the
results should be very accurate so I thought I would report them.

Cheers,

	Terry