RE: Need a fire extinguisher

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

There are four major classes of fire extinguishers.
Class A, B, C, and D

Class A puts out general fires such as wood, paper, etc...

Class B is good on fires involving flammable liquids such as oil, grease,
gasoline, etc...

Class C is good for energized electrical equipment.

Class D is for flammable metals.

You should look for an extinguisher rated for Class A, B, and C. This is a
multipurpose extinguiser.

DO NOT USE AN EXTINGUISHER RATED FOR ONLY A, B or AB.  If you attempt to put
out an electrical fire with an
extinguisher not rated for class C you may be real sorry (or dead from
electrocution)

The Captain