Re: Need a fire extinguisher

Original poster: "Christoph Bohr by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <cb-at-luebke-lands.de>

I prefere a CO2 extinguisher for two ( OK almost 3 reasons):

 > If I have to use it indoor I don't have to refurbish thw whole house after
using it

 > the expanding CO2 has a good cooling effect on things that are about to
explode from overheating.

 > I don't think there is any extinguisher really designed to deal with
voltages in the MV range, so I think this should not be a concern.
     you probably have to stand save with any type of extinguisher, bear in
mind that you might built up a connection between you and HV parts of the
circiut, so you should really have a chance to turn the thing of before
trying to put the fire out.

The only really bad choice is probably a water extinguisher ;-)

Its allway a good idea to ahve one at hand. I do, but I believe most coilers
don't. You may only start a fire oncy in your coiling time, but its good to
know you have an extinguisher at hand that time ;-) as you probably don't
get a second chance.

The bad thing is, since I run around with that thing, my parents are much
more afraid of what I'm doing ;-)

geetz and save coiling!

Christoph