So others don't lose like I did

Original poster: "garryfre by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <garryfre-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Recently, I read that 833A and 833C tubes were interchangeable.

It appears this isn't quite so because the spacing for the bottom two
terminals are slightly wider, just enough to crack the glass if you attempt
to insert it into a home made socket that accepts an 833A easily even if
you are careful not to force it. Just a tiny bit of pressure and it started
to slide down rapidly then broke half way down.

Slightly poorer, and wiser, at least I can warn others from having a
similar experience.