RE: MOSFET arrays

Original poster: "Stephen Conner by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <steve-at-scopeboy-dot-com>

At 17:37 28/03/03 -0700, you wrote:
>Original poster: "Justin Hays by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><pyrotrons2000-at-yahoo-dot-com>
>
>For very precise switching of series MOSFET's, why couldn't a single
>gate transformer be used with as many secondaries as there are
>MOSFET's?

That was exactly what I was trying to describe. The problem is that the GDT
needs super good insulation because it sees the full voltage across your
MOSFET stack, which could be 4 to 10kV or more. Good insulation needs to be
thick, and that's in direct conflict with the fact that the windings need
to be close together for low leakage inductance. So the GDT approach might
not work so well after all.

Steve C.