10" Portable Demonstration Coil - First Light

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

Well my portable 10" Demonstration Coil had its first run this past weekend
in the wonderful 70 degree weather we had.
Initial results were excellent.

Longest measured arc = 6 foot

The system was designed for 3.5kW, but unfortunately, the available outdoor
powerfeed was extremely long so its ballast effect along with my
pre-designed ballast was too limiting.  But still, 6 ft streamers from only
2kW input are excellent.

Input Power = 2kW
14.4kV Potential Transformer
48" x 10" secondary