Re: Proximity sensor for RSG

Hi Marco,

Just a little laser pointer pen (or real diode laser and battery), a small
mirror or foil chunk glued to the rotor, and a length of fiber optic cable
going back to any sensor, and your all set.  Nothing can go wrong and it is
totally isolated.  Be sure the color of the laser and the type of fiber you
use are compatible.

I worry that the fancy proximity sensors and such would either be too slow
or would not like being close to the rather extraordinary electrics going
on near the gap.  Isolation is another concern.  You don't want the primary
current finding it's way back.

Cheers,

         Terry